In order to register a marriage outside Estonia, it is necessary to collect certain documents in advance and submit them in Greece.
• Birth certificates. The birth certificate states the name of the spouse, the names of the parents and the dates of birth. English original required. The certificate is issued to you by the local government of the place of residence in Estonia. The English document will be translated into Greek on the spot.
• Proof of marital capacity. The certificate is issued in Estonia. English original required. The certificate of marital capacity confirms that both parties are legally free to enter into a new union. For a previously divorced person, if the marriage has been divorced at the vital statistics office, it is sufficient to apply to the local government for a certificate. A certificate is issued to a divorced person by the county court where the marriage has been previously divorced. The English document will be translated into Greek on the spot.
• Application. The application for marriage registration must be submitted in person and on the spot. This can be done by reaching Rhodes. The state fee must be paid to the local government on the same day as the submission of the application.
• Copies of passports. By submitting an application to the Greek State Register, the documents will be kept by the Greek municipality.
If the marriage has already been concluded in advance and it is a matter of organizing a symbolic marriage ceremony, the necessary documents are:
• Valid marriage certificate in Greek (either translated in Estonia or Greece, see translation options below).
• Application. The application for the marriage ceremony must be submitted in person and on the spot. This can be done by reaching Rhodes. The state fee must be paid to the local government on the same day as the submission of the application.
Take the necessary evidence from your home country in English and send it to AWV for further translation into Greek. From the moment we receive all the necessary documents, it is necessary to take into account the time required for at least 30 days for all documents to be in order.